- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Urban Development and Land-use Planning
- Furniture and Lighting Design
- Product Design
- Textile Design
Arts and crafts
- Pottery and Glassware
Which areas are not considered?
- Communication and media design, visual design
- Culture and design management
- Dance and theatre
- Fashion design
- Game and interaction design
- Photography as well as film and video projects
- Painting and visual arts
Which projects are NOT supported?
- Architecture models, models for the purpose of town or land-use planning
- Bachelor projects (final papers or dissertations)
- Career change, re-training
- Compiling, acquiring or refurbishing properties, facilities or machinery
- Doctoral dissertations and other academic research projects
- Fashion collections
- Furniture projects, interior design
- Individual items, which are planned as a unique item and/or sold
- Practical experience, which is completed during or after a Bachelor course
- Production of series, which are exclusively determined for sale
- Projects at universities of applied sciences such as seminars, conferences, symposia or festivals
- Projects where social or commercial aspects are in the foreground
- Preparation and production of publications and means of communication of any kind
- Retrospectives or projects involved with national heritage protection
The Ikea Foundation Switzerland is equipped with three support instruments:
The Ikea Foundation Switzerland provides selected applicants with scholarships for further education. Further education ABROAD is considered exclusively and only if the applicant has already completed an educational programme at Bachelor’s level (or similar). It is also assumed that the beneficiaries have experience of professional practice.
Work or project grants
The Ikea Foundation Switzerland provides financial grants to creative projects such as the development of a prototype for a design object or the presentation of design drafts to a public exhibition. Supporting a project is considered if the intended solution of the task clearly shows an innovative approach.
Grants for events or institutions
The Ikea Foundation Switzerland provides financial grants to institutions that follow the objectives of creative further education in the supported areas, by organising competitions presided over by a panel, for example, and granting prizes or awards. Events must be explicitly aimed at people in education or offer them a platform.
We will be happy to help you submit your application.
Do you have any questions? We will be happy to advise you.
We know: Every project is unique, every event one of a kind. And because innovations arise at the intersection of themes and disciplines, each application starts from a different starting point. That is why we are happy to share our knowledge and experience with applicants. Take the opportunity and contact us a few weeks before the respective submission deadline:
How do I submit an application? As a PDF or by post?
Applications may only be submitted by e-mail. In any case, we will acknowledge receipt of the application within a maximum of three working weeks. Applications submitted by post cannot be considered.
What information must be included in the application?
Every application must contain the following content as a minimum:
- Completed application form
- Covering letter (or letter of motivation)
- PDF consisting of: project description (or college certificate), portfolio, budget, CV, reports or diplomas, work references. The PDF must contain no more than 20 pages.
Am I able to telephone someone at the foundation should I have any questions?
Yes, of course. Please send us your telephone number by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you within one week.