Which projects are NOT supported?
- Bachelor's projects (theses, graduation collections)
- Internships that are completed during or after a Bachelor's programme
- Doctoral theses and other research projects
- Study or seminar trips
- Professional reorientation
- Preparation and creation of publications of any type
- Retrospective projects or projects aimed at the protection of cultural property
- Construction, acquisition or renovation of buildings, equipment and machines
- Projects, in which there is a strong social or commercial focus
- Individual objects that are planned and/or sold as unique items
- Architectural models, models for the purpose of urban or room planning
- College projects such as seminars, conferences, symposia or festivals
Which areas are not considered?
- Fashion design
- Visual design/communication
- Media design
- Game design
- Culture or design management
- Marketing for design or architectural projects
Which sectors are not considered?
- Film or video
- Dance or visual arts
How do I submit an application? As a PDF or by post?
The Ikea Foundation Switzerland would like applications to be submitted by email. In each case, the foundation will confirm receipt of the application within a maximum of three weeks. In exceptional cases, the application may be submitted by post (see contact).
What information must be included in the application?
JeEvery application must contain the following content as a minimum:
- Completed application form
- Covering letter (or letter of motivation)
- PDF consisting of: project description (or college certificate), portfolio, budget, CV, reports or diplomas, work references. The PDF must contain no more than 20 pages.
Am I able to telephone someone at the foundation should I have any questions?
Yes. Send us your contact details by email to firstname.lastname@example.org mit. We will contact you.